Previously I had scratched build a ARVE turret see ARVE from MDF, this time I continued with the construction of the trailer in MDF but I encased it with Styrene sheeting.
Working out the dimensions and design, was challenging, as I had to rely on images found on the web.
Here is my latest addition to my Brit Support list a conversion kit to transform my Churchill into a Crocodile Flame thrower tank.
|Churchill with Trailer|
Completed Trailer ready for undercoat made from styrene plastic sheets,spare plastic sprues,brass rods and Green Stuff.
|Completed Flame Projector, I used polyester filler to construct the smoke see How to make a flame thrower flame and placed a tiny magnet on the base for the purpose of storage.|
MDF 5mm sheets used to construct trailer.2 identical pieces where cut out and super glued together.
|measurements placed on the block.|
|systematically cut and filed away the designated areas and finely finished wooden trailer body.|
|Completed encased trailer.|
|For the wheels I cut 2 circles from MDF build up one side with plastic odds and ends and finally used Green Stuff to form the tyres and wheel nuts.|
|Wheels attached with a plastic sprue from a left over Infantry kit. I also attached a sprue to the front of the trailer as an anchoring point for the trailer.|
|Undercoated with Flat black Enamel paint.|
|Completed paint work|
|On the underside of the tank I used a hobby drill to create 2 holes and glued 2 magnets in place.|
|The magnets on the tank will serve as anchoring points for the trailer arm which also has 2 magnets attached with an additional magnet placed at the end of the trailer arm to assist in storage.|
|Added a tarp on top of the trailer for a bit of contrast.|
|First imagine shows the hull MG, the second the Flame projector in position mounted over and encasing the MG.|
|The Flame projector fits snugly and easily comes off/on over the MG..............."Need a light"....... Mmm ..maybe not!|