CLINK HERE FOR A COMPLETE INDEX TO ITEMS ON THIS BLOG

Saturday 2 January 2021

WHAT A TANKER COMMAND DICE

 Happy new year all, thought I would share my What a Tanker Command dice, I actually put one of these sets together soon after the rules were released but had to put the project on the backburner as all my time was consumed with work and organising 2 large gaming events.    

On initially playing the game, I thought having specific dice with icons  for the command dice would be useful for quick identification especially in the middle of a tank battle, come these Christmas holidays, I decided to resurrect the project.😏


Three of the game icons are similar to those supplied by the TooFatLardies token set.  while the other three are improvise with my own icons.
From left to right, Drive, Reload, Target Acquired, Aim, Shoot and Wild Dice.
The  white blank 16mm dice can be purchased on the cheap thru  eBay.

First step, remove any glue residue on the dice and use Vallejo Black primer to paint the different images.

I purchased Blue, Red, Yellow and White in the Tamiya Enamel XF paint range for the project. 
Using the base colour for each icon I painted the inside portion of the image leaving the black outline intact.
Once the base coat has dried I mixed in a bit of white to lighted the colour and added a bit of highlight to the icon on the dice. 

The enamel paint is quite resilient but I wanted to increase the durability of the images by adding a couple of thin layers of Tamiya X-22 Clear. 

Completed Dice.

I made 8 sets of dice, I am also working on a What a tanker dashboard which is almost finished which I hope to post soon.

Cheers John 

12 comments: