CLINK HERE FOR A COMPLETE INDEX TO ITEMS ON THIS BLOG

Tuesday 25 April 2023

WHAT A COWBOY DICE

Seems all the talk and excitement has been focused on the recent release of What a Cowboy. I must admit I have also got the bug for WAC,I am looking forward to some fun games with WAC.

My first introduction to WAC was at the Lard Zone here at Cancon 2023 with Frank and his crew hosting the WAC event. 

Upon returning home, I decided to make my own dice for WAC after noting what dice where used for the game. I order 12mm and 16mm dice blank white dice from ebay and painted the images on the dice by hand using Vallejo model colour paints. I first painting the image silhouette with Vallejo black primer and then adding the colours. I sealed the painted surface with a couple of coats of Tamiya enamel clear gloss. 

I ordered and received the rule book along with the cards couple of days ago, in the mean time, to get inspired, I have started to scan the web for images of Wild West buildings to build and have started this week with my first 28mm building (Grocery store).

Cheers John 





8 comments:

  1. John, those dice are something else mate. That is dedication - simply amazing. I thought you might undertake a cowboy table of your own - you seemed way to interested in WaC at MOAB. Will be watching with interest.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank for the comments, yes your hunch was right .
      cheers John

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work, John--they look great, and looking forward to seeing your table and games in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym for your comments, yes working on putting that table together.
      cheers John

      Delete
  3. Delightfully well done... at this point you should do them digitally and get some dice printed up for other aficionados.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgunpacker for your comments, Tim from Lazercast has made a version for sale, follow the link: https://lasercast.bigcartel.com/product/what-a-cowboy-custom-action-dice-set
      cheers John

      Delete