Here are some more Support teams for my Late war Australian in the Pacific.
I have used a mix of Perry 28mm plastic and metal figures with some conversion done to transform them into Aussies.
|Spot the Aussie sniper in the jungle.|
Medic,Flamethrower and sniper, all are Perry 8th army plastic miniatures which have been converted to represent Australian troops in the Pacific.
To convert these plastics:
- I first tapered off the bottom portion of the shorts with a hobby knife and applied Green stuff putty to convert them into long trousers.
- Trimmed off the plastic helmet and replaced some of the figures with the a metal Australian slouch hat, again available from Perry miniatures.
- The medic was a made by matching up 2 different body torso pieces.
- * The flamethrower was scratch build with plastic sprues, brass rod and Evergreen styrene pieces and whatever was lying around.
- * The sniper's scope was added from the Late war British kit and a piece of branch was used to represent the fallen trunk of a tree.
|Medic, FO (metal figure) and sniper |
|Anti-tank rifle team both figures are metal Perry figures.|
|2" mortar team, Perry metal figures |