CLINK HERE FOR A COMPLETE INDEX TO ITEMS ON THIS BLOG

Saturday 16 January 2016

CHAIN OF COMMAND JUMP OFF POINTS


CHAIN OF COMMAND LATE WAR BRITISH JUMP OFF POINTS
I just completed my first Jump off points, these ones are for my Late War British Infantry. The bases are magnetic so they can be stored easily in a container on a thin sheet of metal.



STEPS FOR CONSTRUCTING JOP


To construct the base, I bought some cheap magnetic L plates from a 2 dollar store and remove the label.


I used a 30 mm metal washer as a guide to cut a the circular shape with again my wife's nail cutting scissors.










I find the adhesive on these cheap L plates is not strong so one can easily remove the adhesive by 
rubbing and rolling with fingers.


Scribe in  retention on the non magnetic side for the putty.


Apply a thin layer of Milliput and allow to cure.














I have super glued some of my left over bits from Late War British Infantry along with some DIY petrol drums, constructed from plastic tubing, wooden crates from balsa wood and used some self adhesive Bandage for netting.  One big point to note is paint these items separately before you glue them down onto the base, it will save you a lot of time - I found this out, the hard way.














I applied a layer of  enamel black undercoat














Applied a layer of Vallejo Model Colour 70889 USA Olive Drab and also a layer of Agrax Earthshade  wash.













Painted all the items - again I stress better to  paint these item first before gluing  them down.














Last of all I painted the base, applied a Matt Vanish and applied some flock and there ready to deploy troops.






6 comments:

  1. Great idea with the plates! Excellent JoPs too sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look superb John and a great idea with the bandage which looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat,working on my Engineers I hope to finish them soon,

    ReplyDelete