CLINK HERE FOR A COMPLETE INDEX TO ITEMS ON THIS BLOG

Sunday 12 April 2020

PAINTBALL 28mm

While searching on the web I stumbled onto the  eBob Miniatures site and discovered their 28mm Mini Paintball game. 

As a keen Paintballer, in my younger years, I owned my own Paintball gun and gear, playing on a regular basis.
Now in my older years the idea of playing Paintball without the blood, sweat and tears was very appealing so I ordered the figures and downloaded the free rules.

The game is not meant to be a complex game but a very simple, quick and fun game.   

Assembled and painted figures.


The game is played between two teams made up of 6 figures each and 2 Marshals.

The figures are supplied with Hexon plastic bases, first step is to remove any flash, glue them on the bases,add a layer of Milliput putty to the base and prime with a can of black primer.

Starting the painting process.

The red team.
Close up shots of the red team, I tried to paint at least one idem of clothing or gear in the teams colours.
Three sides of the Hexagon base are also coated with the teams colour, these serve as indicators for the figures LOS.
I also painted the clothing of all the figures from both teams in different colours for a bit of variety and interest.

The blue team.

Once all the figures were painted I added the flock.




The two Marshals.



The rules are free and can be downloaded from this link: Mini Paintball game.

The rules also include this terrain Hex, which can be printed onto a A4 sheet of paper,cut out and used as the game base, you will need tho print out 5 sheets.
The figures were delivered late in the year, I managed to print out the terrain Hexes, assemble the figures and only got to the priming stage before leaving on our family Christmas holiday up the coast of New South Wales here in Australia.
I decided to take it with us on our holiday along with the other board games we struggle to fit into the boot of the car .The image is at the holiday unit.
Game set up on the dinning table, reading up on the rules and later started playing with my young adult kids and nephews. 
Apart from swimming and fishing, I also managed to sneak in a game on the beach ( I think I may have a addiction problem)

On returning home I completed painting the figures and based the terrain Hex on plastic card with PVA glue.

Once the PVA glue dried, I used box cutters to carefully cut out 4 sheets of Hex sheets with 5 grouped Hexes and 2 single hexes, the two single hexes are the home bases for each team. 
The game set up at home ready to take advantage of the current stay home restrictions playing with my young adult son.

The blue team in their starting positions near their flag.

Cheers John 

16 comments:

  1. Great stuff, I will have to check out the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym for your comments.
      cheers John

      Delete
  2. An unusual topic but brilliantly executed as we came to expect from you! My favourite is definitely the chap in camouflage tunic from the red team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, yes it a bit of the collar topic, I enjoyed painting up something different.
      cheers John

      Delete
  3. Very nice sculpts John, beautifully painted.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'Day John, love your blog especially the modelling tips. I wan't to ask you a few questions, would you mind establishing comms on deltacoy1976athotmail.com? cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg, thanks for your comments
      have sent you a email
      cheers John

      Delete
  5. Hello John, on 11 May 2020 I posted a Question at your "Australian Scratch built 2 pounder anti tank gun" Blog entry at : https://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2019/01/australian-scratch-built-2-pounder-anti.html#comment-form

    Until today you have not posted a reply, and I will appreciate your reply. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies Peter for late reply but Google has stooped the practice of notifying me via email when someone makes a comment on my blog. I always reply individually to everyone who takes the time out to post a comment. Happy to answer your question: my 2 pounder was scratch built, I worked off images on the web and had a rough guess how wide to make the shield , the top measurement on my 28mm scale model is 7mm across and the bottom portion of the shield is 10mm across, the height measurement will be guided by your 1/35 scale model, best way to judge how wide to make your shield is to assemble your model and place the gunner in position then use my images on the my blog to gauge how wide to make your shield. hope this helps and thanks for your comments on the Scratch built 2 Pounder .
      cheers John

      Delete
  6. Even though this subject is out of the ordinary, it is brilliantly done, as you have proven time and time again. I like the camouflaged soldier in a red team uniform the best. It would help if you did the live section on YouTube so that your followers will be thrilled to watch. Check out, LenosTube; they are the best in promoting the videos. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. paintball

    ReplyDelete