CLINK HERE FOR A COMPLETE INDEX TO ITEMS ON THIS BLOG

Thursday 19 November 2020

JAPANESE TYPE 62 MMG, TYPE 93 FLAMETHROWER and TYPE 97 ANTI- TANK RIFLE PART 1

Continuing with my Scratch built Support for my Japanese Platoon. This time I build a Type 62 MMG, Type 93 Flamethrower and a Type 97 Anti-tank rifle. 

I am also putting together the finishing touches to a Japanese Infantry gun and some knee mortars, will post them soon.

Business end of  the Type 62 Machine gun.
Start of the scratch build
I used the LMG in the Infantry box as a basis to build the gun. Lots of sprue bits where used to create the mounting ,the tripod mount was made from spare Lung mine poles 
I  cut down and modify the arms, legs, hands and feet to accommodate a firing position pose. 
The rest of the crew, a bit of modification was carried out on the Loader by raising the front portion of his body and modifying his arm that is reaching out for the ammo.

The loader and crew member spotting for the gun, he is holding binoculars but he is not a Leader.

TYPE 93 FLAMETHROWER
This is a standard kneeling position that comes in the box, I used the arm that is holding the Lung mine from the box , cut away one of the arms and shorten the length of rod to the desired length.
Next step was to angle the right arm by cutting out and reshaping the elbow area and securing it in place. Instruction for making the flame are at: Flame Thrower Tutorial
A paper clip was used to connect the tanks to the weapon.
The tanks are made from plastic sprues rounded off on both side with some sandpaper and green stuff was used for minor additions.
TYPE 97 ANTI-TANK RIFLE 
The Japanese Anti tank gun has a very large crew of 5.
Now this was put together very late in the evening and you can tell its a bit of rush job but I think it serves its purpose imitating a Japanese anti-tank rifle.
A 8th army Perry's plastic anti tank rifle was used as the basis for the gun and bits of green stuff and Milliput was used to give it its rough shape.
The loaders body was modified as per the MMG loader.
For a bit of fun I gave on of the crew a Trumpet.


CHEERS JOHN

6 comments:

  1. Simple brilliant work John! Although I game in 10mm nowadays, I do miss the opportunity for this sort of scratch building that 28mm is perfect for. Having plastic figures makes it all so much easier than converting metal IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve for your comments, yes I too have a stash of 10 mm Brits and German infantry and vehicles :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice re-build. Very useful weapons. They also add a different feel to the game. Great stuff. Just started painting Japs this week 20 done about 80 to go....LOL

    Might use your Flamethrower idea...on 3 my spare Marines just to balance out the Pacific LOL great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glasgow Warhog for your comments, yes I am in the same boat working thru painting my Japanese Platoon.
      cheers John

      Delete